19th October 2020
- Personal information relates to information that can be used to identify you individually, including employment details. Your personal information that is collected and used may include your name, title, contact details (email address, telephone numbers and postal address), job position, department, photograph and transactional information (for example email correspondence with Optinuum (Pty) Ltd).
- Related information relates to information that cannot be used to identify you individually but is associated with you, for example your company’s details. Your related information that is collected and used may include your company’s name, registration number, VAT number, contact information (email address, telephone numbers and postal & street address, web address), logo and characteristics (for example industry sector, annual revenue if available/provided, geographic ‘foot-print’ and company size in terms of the number of employees).
- Non-personal information relates to information that cannot be used to identify you individually but is generated during your interactions with Optinuum (Pty) Ltd and cannot be directly linked to you. Your non-personal information that is collected and used may include historical or statistical data which has been aggregated, information about your computer (for example its IP address, web browser, operating system) used to access the Optinuum (Pty) Ltd website, the dates & times the website was accessed and which web pages were viewed.
Methods used to Collect Your Information
- Information is collected from you when you browse the Optinuum (Pty) Ltd website and submit information using a website form.
- Information is collected from you during direct interactions with Optinuum (Pty) Ltd, for example with any communications via emails, telephone calls, instant messaging services or social media platforms.
- Information may be collected about you through specific research or marketing analysis using publicly available information sources, for example social media forums such as Facebook, LinkedIn, business directories or company websites, where you have already posted or shared information publicly. It is assumed that you have provided consent for this information to be shared publicly with the respective third parties and Optinuum (Pty) Ltd is therefore not specifically required to obtain your consent to collect this information.
- Cookies may also be used to store your preferences and to personalise your experience when interacting with the Optinuum (Pty) Ltd website.
How Your Information is Used
Optinuum (Pty) Ltd will use your information to:
- Provide you with the Optinuum (Pty) Ltd products and services that you have requested or purchased.
- Inform you of content, services, promotions and offers which you may be interested in.
- Provide you with the required customer support, as well as responding to and resolving any queries you may have.
- Confirm your identity if a request for your information is made to Optinuum (Pty) Ltd and to therefore protect your information from unauthorised third parties.
- Satisfy any security, administrative or legal requirements.
Sharing Your Information
Protecting Your Information
- Optinuum (Pty) Ltd takes reasonable technical and organisational measures to maintain the integrity of your information. These measures will be periodically reviewed and improved as necessary.
- Only authorised access will be allowed to your information on a ‘need-to-know’ basis.
- Optinuum (Pty) Ltd will take the necessary actions required by law to address actual data breaches and as far as possible notify you of the data breach.
- If you are issued with a password to use to protect your data during transmission to or for the storage with Optinuum (Pty) Ltd, it is your responsibility to make sure it is a ‘strong password’, it is only known by you and that it is changed from time to time.
- Unfortunately the information transmission over the Internet and its electronic storage cannot be 100% guaranteed and therefore the risk of any losses or damages due to a data breach remains with you.
- You have the right to provide or withdraw your consent for the collection and use of your information by Optinuum (Pty) Ltd. Withdrawing your consent is only effective from the date it is withdrawn and may affect how Optinuum (Pty) Ltd can provide you with products and services.
- You have the right to access the information kept by Optinuum (Pty) Ltd and you can request details of this information by contacting Optinuum (Pty) Ltd. When requesting access to your information, proof of your identity will be required in order to protect your information.
- You have the right to update or change your information that is held by Optinuum (Pty) Ltd. As far as reasonably possible, Optinuum (Pty) Ltd will keep your information up to date and accurate.
- You have the right to request deletion of your information held by Optinuum (Pty) Ltd. Optinuum (Pty) Ltd will periodically delete any of your information that is no longer needed for the reason it was originally collected.
Our Contact Information